There was never a genius without a tincture of madness
- Aristotle

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

On Fathers and Mothers and Sons

While riding in the car with Mom and The Old Man, Daniel was scolded about something. No one can remember what it was exactly, but after a few minutes of smoldering in the back seat of the van Daniel asked, "Dad? We can't call our fathers old windbags, can we?"
Silence. Daniel keeps the conversation flowing.
"Mom? We can't call our mothers old hags, can we?"
Mom deigns to not respond. The Old Man asked, "Daniel? We can't call our sons fat tubs of lard, can we?"
"No," Daniel responds gravely. "No, we can't."

5 comments:

BB said...

Boyce,

This is the Batch. I just wanted to let you know I am steadily gathering disciples for your site. The masses are growing.

I think you need to add a hit counter.

Keep it coming.

Anonymous said...

Dude this is Baci's friend Parker. Dude, the your stories and writing is sweet bro. It fantastic. I second that you need a hit counter too.

Gina said...

Hey. I'm Braddys sis-in-law. I love your blog. The writing is short, sweet, and punchy. Keep it coming.

Shannon said...

He sure makes me laugh.

Anonymous said...

This one was funny, but would have been better with consistent tense.