There was never a genius without a tincture of madness
- Aristotle

Sunday, December 7, 2008

On The True Spirit of Christmas

Many times I have to filter the life and opinions of my brother, Daniel Sutherlin Boyce, through my personal vocabulary and sense of syntax, quite inferior when it comes to accurately documenting my baby bro's genius. However, once in a blue moon, I get lucky. Here is Daniel's Christmas letter to Santa Claus, December of 2006. Dictated, not read.

Dear Santa Claus~

How have you been? Did you have a nice summer vacation? How are your two best elves? Well, in the past I have been a good boy so instead of toys, I just want cool stuff. I want a lunch box that looks just like a cooler so I can take frozen dinners to lunch at work, cause I did a great job at VARC. I want a portable CD player with headphones. A Disney’s Icabod and Mister Toad DVD. A Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People (his 8th book). And a bag of pizza flavored Goldfish crackers. A box of those caffeine-free Pepsi cans, full cans, so I can take them in my lunch. I will always be a good boy cause I am going to be baptized when my big brother comes home. And most of all, I want the Gerald McBoing, Boing book. It’s there, cause I saw it! It’s in Book World. I am going to be a good guy from now on, so Merry Christmas!

love,

Daniel Sutherlin Boyce

PS…I know my brother and sister always look up to me.

1 comment:

BB said...

it's been too long... we need more